Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Who I am

I have been an athlete, a teacher, a coach for gymnastics, cheerleading and tennis, a personal trainer, a parent of three children, a wife, a daughter, a sister, and a faith-filled Christian. After Matt's death, I became associated with Concern of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.) and I now am the Washington State Concern of Police Survivors Suicide Liaison. I have been assisting other survivors as they work through their shock and grief. I have contributed a biography of Matthew and a mother's letter to him for the newly published book, My Life for Your Life, by Clarke and Tracie Paris of The Pain Behind the Badge,Inc. I know what it takes to succeed in athletics, and in life, and I know the pain a death can cause, so I want to share my experiences with others to save lives. I'm passionate about this process (writing A Life Too Short: Matt's Story) and I am determined that this material will be in print soon to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment