Thursday, August 2, 2012

Summer Fun

Last week I attended the 60th reunion of the Wenatchee Youth Circus. When I was a kid I was in the circus. We had so much fun performing, traveling and becoming a real circus family - 80+ kids and our parents were chaperones when they could attend. I think my favorite place we went was Alpenrose Dailry in Portland, Oregon. We stayed for two weeks. After the afternoon shows we sometimes got to go swimming, we were in the Rose Parade, watch calves being born and just had a ton of fun. After the evening shows we had hootenanies and nightly banana splits with Alpenrose Ice Cream. Wow! It was so good. One of our circus members who was at the reunion surprised us with Alpenrose ice cream and all the fixings for banana splits after the show. Such great memories we shared  and the banana splits was a big hightlight of the night.  It was so great seeing my friends from those days and talking how we taught each other "our" acts for the new kids coming in as we left for college.  We always had church service on Sunday mornings with Guppo the Clown as our leader. He started the circus and is still going strong. I thank God for those very special years and for all those involved in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment