Sunday, May 31, 2015

A DECADE LATER

Ten years ago tomorrow was the worst day of my life. My son, Matthew took his life due to a failed relationship. I am at peace because I know he is with the Lord. His heart was shattered and he made a fateful decision. I'd like to take this time to thank those who have helped me through these past 10 years. God enables us to stand. The special weekly lunches with Theresa, Tash gave me CD's of very special songs with great meaning when she and Matt dated. Many of Matt's Marine Corps brothers now face book with me. It is so much fun getting to know these men with whom Matt shared much time. His law enforcement brothers and sisters are fantastic - one is always by my side at a moment's notice. You know who you are. CCSO will never know how much you all mean to me. Those of you who have moved on, moved or retired are still in contact with me. I am so blessed to have all of you in my life. Thank you. My beautiful daughter-in-law whom I met the day Matt died. She also met Matt on Memorial Day when he was working his deputy shift at Lake Chelan. Matt missed his brother, Mark's, wedding to Jess and now they have a beautiful baby girl. I know Matt would have loved her as he did his sister, Tami's, kids. Going to the cemetery weekly is a challenge but I NEED to be there. On certain occasions I will find a flower or a bouquet someone left or someone tells me they stopped by his grave - remembering or for encouragement. I light up - SOMEBODY remembers. Little things make me smile. I talk to Matt telling him how much he is missed and how the little things people do that make my day a little better. The cards, calls and hugs mean so much. I continue my journey through speaking and sharing, "Matt's Last Call: Surviving Our Protectors." Thank you everyone for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment