Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Stigma of Suicide

This was my toughest chapter to write, so I turned it over to the Lord. I hate the word suicide and there is so much stigma placed on it. I choose to say someone has taken their own life. There are so many different factors that come into play with taking one's own life.

A person may be addicted to drugs or alcohol, have a chemical imbalance or a mental illness. In my son's case it was a failed relationship. In today's society there is bullying whether in person or through technology.

In this chapter I go into detail about the different kinds of stigma - socially, religious, and media. What to watch for and how to deal with someone you think may be considering taking their own life.

My intention with this chapter is to try to save someone. Everyone has someone who loves and cares for them. You may think no one cares, but I do. Turn to God and He will always be there for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment