Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Darkness Closes In

Darkness Closes In as three more suicides take place this past week. Two male ages 23 and 25 and 1 female age 19.That makes 25 since January of 2012. The students at our high school are concerned, not knowing where to turn or what to do. Recently, a group of kids headed to the Interact Club advisor's classroom and sat sobbing while the President and Vice-President of that club sat behind him for comfort. A sister, whose brother took his life a short month or so ago, joined the group in tears. The advisor is an awesome man who has been dealing with several suicides of former students.

As I sit and chat with the different Law Enforcement officials we try to come up with the why, and what can we do. I believe that the most important thing we can and must do is get these kids into church youth groups or Young Life. Satan is doing an incredible job of destroying lives so we must turn to God. "In Him there is no darkness at all . . . if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin."
( I John 1:5-6) All I know is God has kept me standing through the death of my son. I can always reach out to HIM! HE is always with me and will never let me down. All I have to do is ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment