Thursday, March 7, 2013

Traumas of Law Enforcement Training

I have the opportunity to attend Traumas of Law Enforcement Training for a three day seminar at SeaTac. It is put on by National Concerns of Police Survivors. As the Washington State Concerns of Police Survivors Suicide Liaison I feel this is a great opportunity for me to not only learn more about traumas of law enforcement but to share my story with those attending and hopefully help them understand police (first responders) suicide. So many people think suicide is a selfish act and not worthy of further action. There are always underlying circumstances and I hope I can be the one to help these people see a different side of suicide. On a personal note, I continue to depend on God's strength to make it day by day. For those attending, I will have my book, Matt's Last Call: Surviving Our Protectors, available to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment