Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas

My shopping is done as is the baking and gift wrapping. The hustle and bustle of getting things done often stresses people out. That is why I start early and finish early so I can enjoy the season. With carolers singing in the background I find myself beginning to sing along, something I haven't done much of since Matthew died.

There is still my broken heart and missing Matthew so much at this special time of year. It was  his favorite time of year. I have a tree with all his ornaments in our family room. I especially like his hockey ornaments as he loved to play hockey.

There will be an empty place at our table but the memories live on. I know I will someday be with Matthew again. I look forward to those days. In the mean time I thank God for Matthew's life and for keeping me strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment